Slot Machine Basics
How To Win On Slot Machines
This is a great platform to try out new slot games and has been rewarding me a lot of jackpots lately.
Latest from Blog
Casinos do not need a lot of help in convincing people to play slots. They make the most of their revenue from gamblers spinning these reels.
Casinos are also helped by the fact that there are a substantial variety of slots, games and themes. Anybody can easily find a slot machine that suits their preference.
Nevertheless, casinos do use several tricks to encourage people to play these games longer. After all, more play means more substantial profits for casinos. Unfortunately, some of these tricks make it difficult for the players to quit.
The best way to prevent falling for these tricks is to know and understand them. Some of the biggest slots tricks that keep players glued to the reels are.
- Being Stupefied by the Lights and Sounds of Slot Machines– The primary reason why slot developers use attractive graphics and sound effects is to make their games more engaging. These lights, graphics and sounds capture your attention and keep you immersed in the experience.
- Falling for Losses Disguised as Wins– Slot machines have come a long way since they were single-line machines with mechanical arms. Modern slots are computerized and feature anywhere from 20-300 pay lines. Numerous lines make for the possibility of forming multiple wins in any round. Furthermore, you feel like a winner more often when you land a payout on at least one pay line. Unfortunately, this has a negative effect in convincing you that you are winning when you are in reality, losing. Casinos and slots commonly use losses disguised as wins (LDWs) to trick gamblers. It is prevalent to win a prize on one or more pay lines and still lose money overall.
- Near Wins Convincing You to Keep Playing– Another type of slot machine trick is near wins. A near-win is a result that comes just short of a huge payout or any prize in general. Studies show that near wins are similar to LDWs as they feel like true wins. Furthermore, they also encourage you to keep playing.
- Giving In to Gambling Dopamine– Dopamine is a neurotransmitter that the brain releases during pleasurable activities. It spikes even further when there is a potential reward waiting at the end of a pleasurable activity. Therefore, slot machines can cause an increase in dopamine. You have a probability of winning a big reward every time you spin the reels.
- Being Fooled by Skill-Based Slot Machines– Land-based casinos have been testing out skill-based slot machines since the mid-2010s. These games typically play like regular slots, except featuring a skill-based bonus round. The reason why casinos offer skill-based slots is that they want games to appeal more to millennials.
- Chasing Slots Comps– Both land-based and online casinos offer comps as a method to reward frequent players. And many gamblers love getting cashback and other rewards. Obviously, there is no problem with wanting to earn rewards based on your play. But this becomes a problem when you start chasing comps. Chasing rewards means gambling for the sole purpose of obtaining more comps.
- Believing That Bonuses Are “Free Money”– Online casinos commonly give out deposit bonuses as a way to draw new customers and retain current ones. However, the playthrough is usually set high enough to where casinos are guaranteed to make money off the average player, even if they do earn their deposit reward.
Winning at slots is not an easy task. Slot machines are famous for being absolutely random, so no amount of skill can give you the edge when it comes to these exciting casino games.
However, you can follow some things to increase your chances of winning, and ultimately learn how to win big on slot machines more often. Here, you will discover some of the best ways to upgrade your slots potential.
How Do Slot Machines Work?
To beat slot machines, you first need to know how they function. Slots are one of the most popular casino games throughout the world, both in online and land-based casinos. Slots are almost completely down to chance, meaning there is minimal strategy involved, and every player has equal odds of winning. You spin the reels and hope to match symbols along with the various pay lines.
Our Top 5 Tips
When it comes to making your online slot gaming a success, knowledge is extremely powerful. You will never be able to improve your luck playing games which are entirely random and dependent on possibility, but you will be able to give yourself the best probability of winning if you follow our top tips on how to win:
- Choose your slot game carefully. Do you know how to choose a winning slot machine? The first thing to know is that no two slot machines will ever be the same. Different machines come with different themes, additional features and symbols, soundtracks etc. Moreover, they also all have separate Return to Player percentages. All casinos, online or land-based, display this before you begin, so it is advisable to go for a game with a high RTP percentage.
- Practice with free games. Before you start playing slots for real money, you have the option to try free slot machines. Not only is this fun, but it also allows you to get to know and understand your game. Start by playing a slot with bonus rounds, as this is an excellent way to sharpen your skills. Do not start playing with the idea that you will soon know how to win at slots in Vegas.
- Study the paytable. Every slot machine begins with its own individual paytable. The paytable shows what the value of each symbol is and which ones are the most lucrative.
- Stick to your budget. One of our most essential pieces of advice is that you should set your budget before you play. Do not start spinning those reels until you have decided on a maximum budget that you are prepared to spend. If you reach that sum, stop playing. Never bet money you can not afford to lose.
- Aim for smaller jackpots. Games with smaller jackpots tend to pay out more often, so if you are after a win, but you are not concerned about chasing the big bucks, games with smaller jackpots are ideal. We know those huge progressive jackpots are appealing, but your chances of claiming one are not very favourable.
Slots are the most appealing and attractive games to play at online casinos. The best online casinos boast hundreds of different slots. Since there are more slot games than any other game, taking time to understand the game is totally worth it. Whether you are a professional, a little experienced or a complete newbie to slots, these tips will show you how to win.
- Play Higher Denominations– To increase the likelihood of you hitting a winning combination, always choose the higher denomination slots. You need to play slots with higher denomination bets as often as possible because these slots have the most chances of giving out a massive payout. Payback rates of slot games are associated with the denomination of the bet, or the price of one spin. The higher the denomination of the bet, the higher the payback rate, meaning you will have a much better chance of hitting playing slots with higher denominations.
- Bet the Maximum– Bet the maximum during your spin(Do Watch Now). Slots with multiple lines such as straight and diagonal, require particular bets to be activated, and betting the maximum is just as good. Whenever you are playing slots, it is best to bet the maximum possible to improve your chances of hitting a payout. Several features such as in-game bonuses and progressive jackpots can not even be activated unless you bet on all the available lines. Bet the maximum whenever you are playing slots to make sure you do not miss out on any part of a slot game.
- The More Compex the Game, the Lower Your Odds– All those special extra features do not help. They might be fun, but keeping track of bonuses, multipliers, and progressive jackpots when playing a complicated slot does not make it any easier. The odds for all these complicated slots are terrible, so avoid them. Instead, play some of the most famous slot games that are not complicated to get the best odds.
- Test the Games You Play– Instead of betting on slots you have never played before, try them out first. Play the free version for each of the games you are interested in. This way, you can develop a strategy and practice so you will be ready when it is time to play with real money at stake. You can play free demo of nearly all slot game available at each online casino.
- Don’t Worry About ‘Due’ Payouts– It is difficult for some people to accept, but slot games are entirely random. Do not waste your money chasing a jackpot you believe is due. It does not work that way. Controlled by the random number generator, all the slot combinations are randomly assorted and chosen once you spin the slot.
- Tight Machines do Exist– Every once in a while, you will come in contact with a tight slot machine, one that never seems to hit. These machines will leave you spinning too long without a single hit, making you spend more than you probably should just trying to hit on a single slot game.
- Cash over Card– When playing slot machines in a land-based casino, we suggest you stick to playing with cash rather than with credit or debit cards. Physically adding money into the slot machine as you play will make you more aware of the money you spend playing slot games.
- Know When to Stop– Slots can be a lot of fun, but for it to stay that way, you have to know when it is time to stop. Give it serious thinking and set your goals for playing slots. Decide how much time and money you are willing to spend playing slots and stay responsible.
Slot machines have become casinos’ bread and butter. But they were not always. If you are interested in slots, you should know the following facts about them.
- ‘Time on Device’ is the number one metric that casinos are concerned with. Casinos and slot machine manufacturers have figured out that the number one predictor of a game’s profitability is the average amount of time a gambler spends on that device.
- Slot machines are the only casino games with unknown odds. All other casino games have a house edge that can be calculated if you know two things: the payoffs for each bet and the odds of winning each bet. But in slots, you have symbols that pay off at a specific rate when you get certain combinations of those symbols on the screen at the same time in a line. But you have no way of knowing the odds of getting a particular symbol on any particular spin.
- Slot machines make up about 85% of the standard casino’s revenues.
- Modern progressive slots often have jackpots that can be compared to lottery sized jackpots.
- The slot machines today have little in common with the original ones. Slot machines were initially made up of a few mechanical parts. Modern slots are made of over 1200 individual components put together by 300 people or more.
- Gambling machines’ growing fame has been the result of multiple factors. Some of it has to do with the economy during the Reagan and Bush administrations. These two administrations cut federal funding to most states during the recession. The governments of those states had to find ways to generate revenue without raising taxes directly. Legalizing and taxing proceeds from gambling was an easy method to do it.
- Slot machines are legal in 41 states today. In the year 2000, slots were legal in only 31 states. They have since been legalized and regulated in 10 additional states. Other states are considering legalization, too.
- Slots are more prevalent in Japan than in the United States. It would seem like 800,000+ slot machines in one country would set a world record. But it does not. The number one country for slots is Japan. They have close to five million slot machine games in the country.
- Slot machines have become more popular with locals than with tourists. This sets another example of how the gambling landscape in the US has changed since its inception.
- Slot machines don’t really get ‘hot’ or ‘cold’. One of the gambler’s fallacy is that a slot machine gets hot or cold. The belief is that a game which is paying out a lot is somehow ‘hot’ and will continue to payout. Alternatively, if a game does not pay out much, it will continue to be ‘cold’ and will be less likely to payout.
- The majority of the members at Gamblers Anonymous meetings gamble exclusively on machines.
- Slot machine gamblers can become addicted gamblers three to four times as fast as other types of gamblers. Numerous studies have shown that the nature of slot machines contribute to the rapidly addictive quality of these games. The easy availability of such games also adds to this figure.
- Online slot machines work the same way as land-based machines.
- The nature of slot machines contributes to their addictive quality. It is a solitary game. You are not dealing with other people at all when you are playing slot machines. You are in action more or less continually. The average slot machine player places 600 wagers per hour. These rapid turn of events stimulate and de-stimulate the brain much faster.
- Slot machine systems and strategies don’t work. You will find plenty of salespeople on the internet who claim to have some inside insight into how these games work and how you can win at them more often. But they are all equally worthless.
- Slot machines are similar to “Skinner boxes”. B.F. Skinner was a behavioural scientist who learned through his experiments that animals are more motivated by a box that gave out periodic rewards than by a box that gave out constant rewards. You will see the obvious application of this to slot machine technology. If you won on every spin, you would be less motivated to play than if you won on occasional spins.
- The most popular games are riding on the coattails of another intellectual property. You can find plenty of slot machines with original themes. Lucky Larry’s Lobstermania is an excellent example of such a game. But you are more likely to find games which are based on other intellectual properties.
People often ask “Which slot machine is the one that is going to hit?” However, we know that the casinos do not work that way. In this article, we will explain why people play slots, how slots work, and what you have to know about them.
Slot machines are the most essential money-making machines of casinos in the United States. In most states, casinos make around 65 to 80 percent of their gambling income from these machines. In Las Vegas, the percentage ranges from 88 percent in casinos that cater mainly to locals to 50 percent on the Las Vegas Strip, where high rollers bet tens of thousands a dollar a hand changing the results in favour of table games. Every day, players bet millions of dollars into slot machines. Some people may wonder as to why?
The probability aspect of slot machines is what makes them so attractive to so many people. If you know how to put coins into a slot and press a button, you have just as good a shot at winning a jackpot as someone who has been playing for decades. In the end, it is all about luck.
Slot machines are essential to casinos because they are, as long as enough people keep playing them, a stable source of money. To explain why they are so crucial for casinos, Bob Ambrose, a gaming consultant and casino management instructor at Fairleigh Dickinson University, says “It is all about the game math.”
When casinos inspect how a slot machine is performing, the most essential thing they look at is the ‘drop’. Drop is the money deposited by the player in the machines. Another name you might hear is ‘handle’, which Ambrose refers to as the total amount of money bet by a player. What is left after the machine pays out its jackpots is for the casino to keep, also known as the ‘revenue’.
So how do slot machines determine who wins and who loses? “Payouts on the slots are calculated statistically,” says Ambrose. Pushing the spin button activates the random number generator, which is an algorithm that decides whether each spin is a win or a loss, and how big a win it is. Each game, Ambrose says, has an already set hold percentage and a paytable that details how often and how much games will payback.
Games like video poker, pay back more often but in smaller amounts. In contrast, games like the Megabucks progressive, have fewer but bigger hits.
Can a player get hold an edge on a slot which relies on pure probability? Not really. “There is a mathematical advantage for the casinos,” Ambrose says. “The math ensures that casinos generate a consistent win for themselves.”
It is impossible to predict if a slot machine will payout at a specific moment, and anyone claiming otherwise does not understand how slot machines work. If it were possible to identify exactly when a slot machine is about to pay, then the casinos would lose money, and we all know that it usually does not happen. Casinos are well-oiled machines designed to provide you with entertainment in exchange for money.
However, the fact that there is no foolproof way to win money on slot machines every time does not mean that it is impossible. The odds in slot machine games are based on mathematical probability. Therefore, if you learn how these odds work, you might be able to use these findings to your advantage and make some profit. What we are saying here is that with a good strategy in play and a decent understanding of how to recognise when a particular slot is about to payout, you can increase your chances of winning.
We have poured over countless slot machine tips and tricks to learn how to recognise the moment when a slot machine is about to payout. We have fashioned a list that shows the most effective strategies you can implement to overcome the ‘randomness’ of slot machines.
- Play slots with the biggest payouts only. This piece of advice seems obvious. Everyone who has ever played in a casino is familiar with the phrase ‘house edge’. The term ‘house edge’ refers to the mathematical advantage that the casinos have over players. This advantage results in a guaranteed percentage being returned to the casinos over time. Although the odds are against the players, it is still possible to win. Every slot machine has a general return to player based on statistics which is called the RTP. The standard RTP for most slot games is between 90 and 96 percent. Therefore, every slot game that has RTP over 96 percent is always a good option. Therefore, it is a good idea to do a little research before you start spinning.
- How to find the RTP of a slot game? Finding out the RTP of a specific slot game is extremely easy. Several websites review casinos and write about their game selection, as well as their respective RTP’s.
- Use the bonuses in your favour. One way to put up a fight against the house edge is by taking advantage of the rewards. As most of you probably already know, the majority of casino sites offer free spins/free money/ bonuses as incentives to lure new customers. Those bonuses can prove beneficial and turn the odds in your favour. Of course, don’t expect that the rewards will last forever. But while they last, you can definitely make the most out of them and clean up some easy cash. On that note, there is no reason why you shouldn’t search around and take advantage of different promotions.
Slots tend to get upgraded as years keep passing by. Developers are always keen on bringing something new to the table. Due to these constant developments, people tend to get confused about choosing and deciding on the best online slot machines. Since the market is quite vast and searching for the best might be a hard job, we have decided to help you out. So to make matters head in the right direction, here are a few of the best online slot machines for 2020.
The Starburst slot is a famous option among all online casinos. Offering a good percentage of payout and various other features, Starburst has always been on the front. People also feel that the slot is quite easy to trigger and function in the right manner. Whether you are a beginner or a professional, the slot will help you go about gambling. You can learn all that you need to know about the game through a set of tutorials and then proceed to make everything count.
2. Mega Fortune
Apart from being a progressive jackpot slot, Mega Fortune has also made it to the top among various lists. Professionals have spoken highly about this slot, calling it reliable and useful. Since it is quite aggressive, you can be sure about its huge prize as it surpasses all your expectations. If you are well aware of the game and can play it by utilising the latest tricks and tips, then you can earn a lot with Mega Fortune.
3. Immortal Romance
If your set of interest inclines towards vampires, then you will be glad about playing this particular game. The Immortal Romance has everything that it takes to become a classic slot. Be it wild symbols or the winning combinations; people are expected to be thrilled while playing this particular slot. Apart from the theme, individuals also prefer the jackpot since they believe that they can crack it.
4. Book of Ra
While Immortal Romance captures the vampire theme of things, Book of Ra does the same for ancient Egypt. Although you may not say a lot about its graphics, it still manages to bring about a certain sense of interest. The payout of this particular game is what brings people on board since it is known to be satisfying.
5. Gonzo’s Quest
Innovative mechanics and classical features have made Gonzo’s Quest a desirable option. The new symbols of the game are appealing, and aspects move forward to be engaging. With VR (Virtual Reality) coming into the picture, the fun and excitement go up to reach the next possible extent. So if you’re planning on having a great time with slots, then these names will of great help to you.
Slots are one of the most famous casino games because they are effortless to play. Moreover, they are undeniably fun.
Key Points to Remember
Before we jump into the tips, there are several things that you have to understand about slots in general. It is essential to remember that they are a means of entertainment. Yes, you might win a massive jackpot and go back with a lot of money, but there is a higher chance that you will go back, losing all of your money.
Another thing that you must understand about slots is that they are completely random, every time. There is absolutely no way to beat the system, strategise, or guarantee a win without breaking the law. On that note, the following tips are not about how to win. Instead, they are focused on how to manage your losses and how to increase your payout if you happen to win. Here are some tips for beginning slots players.
- Manage Your Money – This first suggestion applies to all types of gambling, but in some ways, it is even more critical when you are playing slots. Every bet you place is a risk that you are taking, and casinos would not be profitable if most of the people were winning. However, with other casino games, you can use a strategy to improve your advantage. The absence of strategy is the first reason that money management is more important in slots. Another reason that money management is even more vital with slots is that the nature of the game makes it way too easy to lose your money way too quickly. The small amount that you are spending is also deceptive. It is easy to trick yourself into thinking that it is not a big deal because you are only betting a negligible amount for each turn. However, you are playing multiple lines, so that adds up to a lot. You should set a specific amount that you are willing to spend. After that, refuse to spend any more.
- Understand the Differences Between Machines – Choosing the right slot machine is not an exact science, and much of it will depend on your personal preferences. However, you can make the right choice by finding out as much as possible about the machines that you will be playing at. The most important thing that you should consider is the payout percentage. It is usually displayed on the machine. The payout percentage is how much of your winnings you can keep after the casino has taken their cut. The higher the payout rate, the more money you will get if you win. Select a game that is within your zone of comfort but also offers a high payout rate. There is no wrong choice, so select the option that best fits with your personal gambling style and your goals.
- Maximum Bets = Maximum Rewards – If you want to receive the highest payout, then you have to play with the maximum bet allowed on that specific machine.
- Bonuses and Rewards – One of the best ways to improve your chances of winning without risking a lot of your money is to earn enough rewards. This will allow you to play with the casino’s money rather than your own. Casino loyalty programs will often provide you with prizes like drinks, free play or discounted hotel rooms. These may seem insignificant at first, but those bonuses really add up.
- Know Your Playing Style and Then Choose a Machine – With so many different options and types of slot machines, it can be challenging to know which one to select. The best way to narrow down your options is to know your playing style.
Casinos are incredibly unpredictable places. You will never know what your luck will do to you at a casino. When you play the slot machine, sometimes you may win, and other times you may lose. It is believed that your win is based on your luck. However, the people who go to casinos regularly believe otherwise. They claim that, in a casino, everything works on tricks, even the slot machines. The people who are professional gamblers can easily identify if the slot machine will yield good returns or not.
The theory is that no slot machine would always yield rewards more than what is put into the machine and also that no machine would remain inactive and still underplay.
What Are Hot Slots and Cold Slots?
The professional gamblers use the term hot slots and cold slots to define and identify the slot machine, which would pay out more money than initially invested. Hot and cold can be defined as follows:
Hot Slots: The hot slots are known as the slots that show a higher incidence of winning. It is expected that the hot slots would get the player more pay outs than what was invested.
Cold Slots: Cold slots are known to be the inactive machines. It is believed that these machines show less incidence of winning and would never fetch the player with more than what was invested.
Why are the slots so?
The slot machines are a means to attract gamers and to encourage them to try their luck. Slots allow the player to invest a negligible amount and earn something rewarding.
How are slot machines hot or cold?
The notion of hot and cold is derived from the experience of the players. A regular player would be able to identify the counts, the time for processing, the number of spins and the machine’s behaviour. The player may also predict if the machine would pay out a good amount or not. But the truth is, the slot machines are extremely random. Sometimes, the slots produce the same result over several times and that may appear to be a pattern, but the truth is that the slot machines are not at all made to have hot or cold cycles. Some players might analyse the slots, their process and the times they have produced good payouts, but for the slots to always be predicted is false. Also, on being asked whether to go for a hot slot or a cold slot, the players have different opinions. Some recommend that investing in hot slots is profitable as they are in their payout cycles, while some suggest that the cold slots would produce better results as they would now begin their payout cycles. Both of these concepts are incredibly subjective and are not always correct.
The spinning of the slot machine in which it is functioning is uncontrolled. However, it is also essential to address that the slots are programmed machines, and they also cannot yield more than what they are processed for. The slot machines are not designed to keep a track, and every spin is independent of the previous spins. It merely means that the slots are processed to produce random results, and that cannot be changed or wholly predicted, but the fact is that the slots are programmed to pay out a certain amount in their lifetime.
Slot machines are a popular sport of gambling that has been known to all countries that have legalised the activity. The process or the game has become so famous that certain places have also come up with slang words to describe the same. But regardless of all this, there are people who are not quite aware of the rules or the basics. So to help these individuals out, we have made a guide that goes through everything that you need to know about these machines. Hence, here’s your guide.
How it came into the Picture
Before reaching the stands for gambling, slot machines were also known to be used as business builders on shopkeeper’s counters where it dispensed gum instead of cash. After that point, the machine began to go through multiple stages of change, incorporating different elements into the process. Thanks to that, the machine landed up at casinos. From that point onwards, things began to change for the good. The idea about gambling was shifted from the mainstream drinks and cards to facing a machine. People loved the new activity and went ahead to keep these machines crowded with demand and other aspects.
The Current State
The current state with slot machines is extraordinary in terms of business and acceptance. Their profits are enormous in number and also surpass other table games. More than 70% of a casino’s revenue in the US comes from slot machines, and that figure goes up in some states. The story in Macau is no different with these machines grabbing attention and providing money. Apart from offline casinos, these machines are also known to be a massive hit at online casinos. Millions of people sign up to play them and test their luck.
Why is it so Famous?
There are a lot of reasons associated with the popularity of slot machines. One of them has to be the fact that it is easy. Yes, that’s right. The game is quite simple to crack and play effortlessly. This particular aspect also surpasses the house edge since it is quite high for these machines. New players and gamblers get into the scene with slot machines. The idea about jackpots play an essential role in making everything all the more enjoyable. When you get to have fun and earn some money, things tend to head in the right direction.
Coming with a solid history and other associated aspects, slots have managed to bring in huge numbers for the casino. The situation stands to be the same regardless of the times. So if you haven’t yet played this game, then we recommend that you give it a try to find out what you’re missing.